Friday, December 08, 2006

The TOOL Box

The more I think about it, the more I feel that we are here on earth for a purpose. I also believe that our primary purpose of our existence is to find out what our purpose is, during our lifetime. I don’t think our life is just about the “bling” – it’s more than that.

I believe we need to continue to strive to be the best ME in us… does that make sense? Not to compete with others but to compete with our own selves to be the best we each can be…if we need to do this – then we need to look within… I know its scary… its always nice to look outside isn’t it? Because many of us don’t want to deal with what is going on inside of us…

You would not know what you really want to be, if you did not know what you want. I think our creator created us with all the tools we needed. We are all given a little bit of this and that…. sure, some have a less of this and more of that, and some have more of this and less of that…. Have I confused you yet? Hope not! I think we are created as equal human beings with equal human value, but with unique qualities of our own. So the purpose of our life is to figure out how to use the tools to become the best you. This is why I think it is important to look within us to identify the tools we have. I also think the creator purposely forgot to include the instructions manual of how to use the tools, so we have a life long job of figuring out how to put all the tools together and make something out of it…. Ha…don’t you think this is fascinating?

So today, lets take a good look at our toolboxes… lets find out what we have… some of us have collected so much junk from past - and have dumped them in our boxes - so we may not find any tools at the top. We may have to throw that junk out first. Oh, now that is another story isn’t it? O.k. consider this as spring cleaning…well, not here in Canada, we are close to Christmas but it is in some other part of the world… oh, I know.. It is in Australia… I know, sometimes we may want to hold on to the junk even if we really don’t want to – because it’s just hard to let go – so many memories attached to those…although its misery sometimes it too is comforting…

Tough… but if we don’t do that we cant find our tools. Just a warning… The weight of junk may have damaged or temporarily destroyed some of the tools we were given. So don’t be surprised if they are not in good condition. You may have to dig deeper… You may also have to dust them off and give it a complete clean up – some could be even rusty….Wash it with TLC – oh wait, its not CLR – that is too harsh.. I mean TLC – Tender, Loving, Care…

See what you can do with your tools…if you haven’t done this before it may be a bit difficult – so be patient… try to see whether you can put things together and make it work. Concentrate on your job. Stop looking at other peoples boxes…Stop comparing your tools with others…Don’t cheat or try to follow other peoples instructions… it would not work with the tools you have been given…it may require you to be creative, and sometimes even take risks, if it doesn’t work try and try again until you become successful… figuring out how to put them together is your life long job… Remember, the instructions are not given for a purpose; I think to make sure that we have something to do with our lives….

For a long time I was looking at other peoples’ boxes… I thought they had better tools than mine… I wanted what they had – without even looking at what I had… I just automatically assumed that what others had was better than mine. Meanwhile mine got rusty and dusty, and was buried with all the junk I had dumped in by box. One time, I felt like the city’s dumpster… but not any more…I know what’s in my tool box…I am still exploring… but, I am happy with what I have found so far..… The creator even had added some nice goodies for me… but they are really deep down… have to dig deeper…now I am very protective of my toolbox… I don’t let people dump junk in it… I guard it like a treasure box….hmmmm, when I think about it… it is my TREASURE BOX… What's in yours?

No comments: