Saturday, September 29, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME


Good day to you all my dear friends.. sorry for the long pause.. wao it was been a really long pause.. and thank you to some of you who reminded me that I am in fact taking a way too long break..

Guess what? two months ago I turned 41! Yes, yepeeeeeeeeeee…. Well it started a bit sobby and weepy because some people I thought would remember it was my birthday forgot or didn’t know.. hmm its always hard.. it’s even harder to admit and write it here.. because we are taught not to talk about these things and let it pass or just say “oh, its okay.” You know what? I am 41 and I am getting too old to pretend anymore, I want to live truthfully as much as possible. And hopefully I like to walk my talk. I cant hold back the tears anymore and pretend like its okay. so I tell you it sucks when your dearly beloved friends forget.. okay.. I feel better now.. and the good part was people I thought would never remember did remember and called me to wish.. ha.. amazing ha.. God always does something to balance the act.

Approaching my 41st birthday, I was determined I was going to celebrate it in a different way.. I have reached a time and stage where I strongly feel I must live for myself. Hum. Some of you might say isn’t it too late. Trust me, I do feel its too late but then if I pass now when will I ever get to do it? I have always lived for someone. For my parents, for my husband – or some one. my existence has always been for someone else other than myself.. I realized this recently – a few months back.. and it’s not the greatest realization.. and I feel its time to change it..

The first thing I did was printing out the lyrics of the song my way – by Frank Sinatra.. boy isn’t that a beautiful song.. Do you remember the words? its lovely.. this is how I want to live.. my way.. and why not?

I decided to spend the day just by myself.. ah shocked? But why not? after work I had booked myself for a head-to-toe massage.. ah.. what a treat.. then I dressed up and went for dinner by myself and after, for a movie.. it was nice.. a very nice experience.. it was my special gift for myself.. for me it was a memorable birthday.. turning 41 and learning to live for myself..

Birthday is just another day.. true.. another 24 hours in our lives.. but it was a good day to start something new.. because I knew I had to start some where.. I am sharing this with you so you too can do something for yourself.. and take control of things when you can..

I wished myself a Happy Birhday.. and it sure feels good to know that I am there for myself... I know I have started something new and I want to continue to do it..

Would you like to start something new? why not? Give it a try..

No comments: