Saturday, January 12, 2008

Don't Cry .....


Don’t cry when I am gone
But smile with me now while I am here
Don’t fill my coffin with roses when I am gone
Remember.. I can’t see them nor smell them..
So what’s the point…
But help me fill my life with joy when I am here
I don’t need long speeches of how great I have being
When I can’t hear anymore
Who are you trying to please?
Me?????
Hello...I am not there.. I am gone...
Instead...tell me now – what is in your heart…
Especially the good things you have to say about me
I hope there is at least a few...
Don’t feel guilty that you could not do much when I am gone
Do something with me while you can..
Don’t mourn when I am gone
I don’t want to have any regrets.. I plan not to..
So… Laugh with me now..be with me now..
Help me live my best life now.. and let me help you live yours too...

I don’t care whether you attend my funeral
For I am not there to take attendance
I would not know whether you were really there…
Actually there wont be one as I plan to give my body to the college
So they could make use of me to the fullest..
My skin, bones and teeth and tissues...
Let them learn something and try something new
For the benefit of others…
And let me help them with my dead body before it turns to ash…

Don’t take time off your busy schedule to attend the funeral
Dont cancel those appointments or keep those living beings waiting...
I can't see, I can't hear.. for I am gone...
Who is there – I am not there – I have departed…
But if you, can take time now
And spend it with me while I am here
I would know that you were there for me when I needed you most..
Don’t spend you hard earn money to gather merit for me
I know my responsibilities and it’s my primary responsiblity to gather merit for myself - I dont expect you to do this for me...
I have made my path and I am walking on it..
I know I will be okay....
Don’t try to remember the date I depart
For it’s not important anymore…
But while I am here lets remember the date I arrived..
Don’t be mad if I don’t leave much wealth for you
For I intend to spend it with you while I am alive
What ever you want to do for me
Do it now.. do it with me..
Hold my hand, give me a hug
Make me laugh and smile
Bring me flowers…if you can
They don’t have to be expensive
You know I love wild flowers
Don’t give me Diamonds or Gold
Crystal or Porcelain
Antiques or treasures…
You know, I have no value for them..
Any time you are not sure what to give me
Give me a hug.. nice and warm..
Or a smile – sincere and true
I value them more than millions
Sing me a song or walk with me
Or tickle me...
If you are busy its okay..
But drop me a note and tell me how you are..
What ever is in your heart tell me now
While I can hear and see, touch and feel..

If you think I am always going to be around
Then you are in an illusion
Sorry to burst your bubble
But it is the reality of life
We who are born will die one day too..
When we get the call.. we have to go..
When it comes we have to go
May not have time for long farewells…

Don’t tell me I am negative because I am talking about death
I am not depressed nor am I sick
I am not out of my mind…
Don’t tell me I am too young and I have lots of time
For I have seen death has no age limits
It happens to all at any given time..
I am not saying this to scare you or make you guilty
I am saying you this because it is the truth
Everything else in life is uncertain
But death my dear friend is certain…
That is a sure guarantee



No comments: