Thursday, July 16, 2009

Changing Others...

Through my deep love for certain people close to my heart, I have tried to change them for the better, because I could see their path and what is lying for them ahead. But today, I have realized that it’s not something I could do. After spending many years trying to change their paths for the betterment of their own selves, I have failed considerably. Not just once but a few times this has happened to me.

Well, if only I had listened to the god’s voice inside of me, I wouldn’t have got hurt. But the truth is I didn’t. I realized I couldn’t change anyone. It’s only god who can do it. And god himself tells me even he can’t, if the person concerned is not opening his heart to him.

I am sure, some of you, like me have tried this. In my case I failed miserably. But I realize that this is because I tried to do something that I have no power and authority to begin with. No matter how much I love a person, or how much great intensions I have towards the growth of that person, I cant change a person if the person truly does not want to change. He or she needs to learn his lessons in his own preferred way. I personally try to avoid trouble.. When I see trouble heading my way, if I can I try to cross the road. I try not to fall in deep to the pit – but this is how I am used to. I noticed not all do this way. Some of my loved ones, regardless of how much assistance they get, still prefer to fall into the pit, or go “head-on” colliding with trouble. And I realize now this is how they learn. And yet, still a few don’t lean from their mistakes. They keep repeating them over and over again. They fall into the same pit again and again. It’s hard to see some one walking on the wrong path. But I realize now that this is how they learn their lessons.

What can we do? Just pray for them and let them be. And continue our journey on our own path. First, I thought it was selfish, but I realize now its not. For each person has a different path to walk on and we do it on our own way and own time. We really don’t have power to change others, especially if they are not open to being helped.

Are you constantly trying to change someone? I am sure it’s for good reasons but – if its not working then may the person is not ready to change yet.

No comments: