Saturday, April 12, 2008

Where are you running?


Stop!
Think…
What are you doing?
Where is your life flowing?
Are you just running?
Running to or running away?
Or running with the flow..
Are you living?
Or just existing?
Don’t know or don’t want to know..
or
No time?
When was the last time you smiled?
When was the last time you stopped to smell the roses?
When was the last time you experienced joy?
No time?
What are you doing with your time?
Working?
For what? for whom?
Pay bills.. you might say..
But what bills are you paying?
May I ask?
Are they bills you really need?
Or are they bills you think you need?
Stop! and think…
Is your money and efforts going in the wrong way..
Is it going to a drain without knowing?
I see your account is full and brimming
But yet..
Then why are you feeling so empty?
Why are you running empty?
Why are you not happy? What are you not at peace?
Peace and happiness and tranquility
It’s not for me
You might say..
But I say you are wrong..
It’s also for you
Its also for all of us
But you have to find it..
It’s within you
It’s within your reach..
The name and status and fame and popularity
You have built or going after
I hope it will give you something back..
For you to hold on to on a dark lonely night
If the world forgets you just in case…

You are constantly running…
But my dear, where are you running?
Do you even know?
I hope..
I hope you know…
Seems like you are always in a hurry..
You don’t have time for anything..
For anyone or just for you..
But you are busy..
Day and night
Weekdays and weekends…
Busy doing things..
But yet..
I don’t see a smile on your face..
I don’t see joy in your eyes..

So.. stop and think
know where you are running to
And what you are running after
And then run on your own pace..
At your own comfort level
Don’t let others push you
To a run in a direction that you don’t want to
At the end..
It’s your run.. It’s your race..
Only you and you
Will meet the creator at the end..
Not me, not them
Just you!
Are you running?

No comments: