Thursday, March 10, 2011

What's in your Goody Bag?


I missed writing. I realize how much I have missed it. I have always loved to write, I guess its because it is my favourite method of communication. I still prefer a letter over a phone call or an e-mail or a text mesg. Perhaps I am from the old school. Geez, this shows my age!

When I am writing, I feel I am closer to my true self. Its not that I am a great writer, and personally I don’t care if I am or not, but it makes me happy. Through writing I am able to express my true feelings. If you notice I can write about nothing. I guess this is what I am doing now too.

We each have a few God given gifts and talents in our Goody Bags. And its up to each of us to take a look at our own Goody Bags and utilize what we are given. For some it could be dancing, singing, performing, composing, painting, etc., But we each have something of our own, that makes us true to ourselves and unique. These gifts, one can fine tune it for sure; and some do, and become world class with what they got. But even if you don’t go to that extend you can still make use of it. And when you do, you feel good, even if you know that you are not world class, still there is a greater sense of satisfaction.

So take a look at your Goody Bag today, see what’s inside and pull out a few and try. We tend to look at what others have in their Goody Bags and wish we had what they have. But the creator has been good and kind and fair to all. Because he has put at least one or two in each of our bags. No one is left without!

If you have children, help them to look at their own Goody Bags, before you pick something of your own for them. Help them to do something that they truly love. Help them fine tune something from their own Goody Bag.

When I was a child, as early as 3 or 4, I had the talent to draw, no one really showed me how to draw, it’s a skill the Creator had carved in me. My ability to use colour at a young age was marvelous. I was extremely good at it. However, my father was not very pleased with my passion for the Arts. He wanted me to excel in sports just like my two sisters and brother and also himself. Even at a young age I realized I really didn’t have that in my Goody Bag. But then, when we are young, we don’t have a voice. I had different skills, that I naturally picked up like art, music, writing, etc. But unfortunately my father didn’t know this and perhaps he didn’t know how to explore it too. That was sad. I felt my God given Wings were cut off. I felt like a bird with wings cut. I knew I could fly, but I could not because my wings were cut off. So if you are a parent today, pay attention. Don’t cut their wings, but help them to strengthen them. You will be amazed with what they will do.

Look inside your Goody Bag today.. see what is inside.. you will be amazed!

No comments: