Saturday, February 10, 2007

Dont tell me You love me

Don’t tell me you love me
Don’t tell me you only live for me
Don’t tell me you are doing everything for me
And turn back on me

And then point fingers at me
And find faults with me
Because you are angry

When things go wrong
And you cannot handle the anger
And the frustration
Don’t tell me “you are just like your Dad!”
Or “you are just like your Mom!”

It does not help me
At all…
It does not take away my pain at all
I may be young but I have feelings
Feelings I just don’t know how to express
I feel scared and lonely
I feel lost and empty
I feel sad....
but I may not tell you
because, I also dont want to make you sad...

I am not too young to know that
I am the creation of you both
I am part of you both
When you insult or ridicule
Dad or Mom
You are also insulting me
A part of me
For I am the creation of
Both of you
Don’t think I am too young to know that
I know ...
I have Mom’s eyes and Dad's pointy nose
I have Mom’s curly hair and Dad’s smile
I have Mom’s kind heart and Dad’s sense-of-humour
for I am the creation of
You both…

I am not a football
Don’t kick me between mom and dad
Dont push to me take sides...
It's not fair you ask me to do it
Don’t make me feel…
Like it’s all my fault
The reason for your split
If you must know...
I already feel bad
For your separation
For I need you both
Mummy and Daddy…
For I love you both
Mummy and Daddy…
I am trying to understand
Why you cant live together anymore
I am trying to understand
Why you cant make things right anymore
Why you cant say sorry
To each other

So..
Don’t tell me you love me
Don’t tell me you only live for me
Don’t tell me you are doing everything for me
And turn back on me
Just dont!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will never say "I love you" my baby. I know it will hurt you, I cant never insult your mother for I know its insulting you, for its isulting myself, beacause you are the most valuabale creation of both you mom and me. I know baby you are not a football. I always wants you to be happy. If it makes you feel better, I will not utter " I love you", even if I have a heart braek.