Saturday, February 24, 2007

Please... Understand!


Please understand…
I am your child
But I am not a piece of clay
Don’t try to mould me in to piece of pottery
For I am made out of flesh
And I have a soul...
When you try to mould me
Like a piece of clay
My soul gets crushed
and it gets damaged
Beyond repair

The creator has given me a mind
And a soul of my own...
I have a mission and a vision
To live my very best life
If I didn’t follow your dream
It does not mean
I don’t care for you
Or I don’t respect you
But please understand
I have to live my best life
Honouring my own true self
I have to use the tools
That is given to me
By my creator

I cant be the best me
If I try to follow your plan
So please understand
I have to find my way
I may not follow your path
Or follow your footsteps
But, I will find my own path
And decide to walk on that
But that does not mean
I have no respect
For my life or for yours
That does not mean
I have no dreams of my own
That does not mean
I am here for a free ride
with nothing to contribute...
Please trust me
That I can make my own decisions
That I am thankful for
All you have done
You have taught me
Many things
You have given me my values
You have given me ethics
You have taught me principles
And I am eternally thankful for that…

I still need your love
I still need your guidance
I still need your blessings
I can’t survive without you
I can’t accomplish my dreams
If I don’t have your support
So please don’t turn away
From me
If I don’t follow your dream
If I don’t follow your foot steps
Please give me a chance
And please have patience
Please believe in me
And please trust me
I will make something
Good out of me and my life
Please be with me
While I find my path
For I cant do it
Without you.
Could you try to understand your child a bit more today?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Niroma,
Where are you? I miss your smiling face today! I hope you are OK and not sick or feeling under the weather. If you are then I will send all my rays of sunlight to you that they may penetrate your skin and bring in the healing warmth of the sun.

Niroma...you talk about this issue a lot. Is it something you are going throuigh as the child of somebody, or is it a reation to what you hear around you from other parents of other children. It is just something that has been in my thoughts for a bit. See you soon Heather