Saturday, February 10, 2007

Go ahead... make somebody's day!

The other day, I was feeling miserable.. I was feeling empty, sad and lonely… I just could not pick up my self… I was in real need of some TLC – Tender, Loving, Care… I really struggled at work and I was happy when the day ended…Perhaps it’s the cold weather.. we are under a server cold weather alert here in Toronto for the last couple of days.. and its bitterly cold.. I no longer can go for my stroll at lunch, which I always look forward to… even on a chilly day I still go out with my thick jacket on, but now I cant…since its extremely cold…and I miss that. Maybe, I am been hit by the blues…for I sure felt blue…

As some of you know, I am in the business of counselling…which I love and feel blessed to be in… but that day, I just could not do it… I was just tired of giving, listening and being there for others… I feel guilty when this happens but I also know the truth is I am running empty.. I just don’t have any thing inside of me to give others….my fountain has dried… I have nothing to offer…

Just as I was going to wrap-up my day and call it quits, I opened my e-mail… there it was – a beautiful note from one of my former clients - I consider here a true friend…she is a remarkably positive, uplifting woman… She has always been special to me… she had written a beautiful note… it just gave light to my dark day… I felt good – it was lovely.. it lifted my sprits.. it took my gloom away… I felt appreciated, loved and cared…

Thank you Carmelita… you made my day…in fact, you saved my day… you reminded me why I am doing what I am doing and the importance of continuing to do what I do… you probably never guessed that your note would create such a positive difference but it truly did… it gave me energy… it replenished my empty fountain…
Thank you so much for taking the time to do it….

Lets not hesitate to show people our appreciation… we never know what kind of day they are having.. we all go about doing what we need to do…because we have to… but silently feeling miserable, sad or unappreciated… it only takes a few minutes of our precious time to let someone know they are appreciated or loved or remembered.. It’s just a phone call, an e-mail – that is all you need to do.. these days you don’t even have to spend money to buy a card or flowers or even spend a few cents for postage.. with the click of your mouse you can let people know how much you care for them… So why hesitate.. Today, take initiative to make someone’s day… you never know what a difference you could be making….

No comments: