Friday, November 02, 2007

Seperate Paths..



I waited for you for so long..
So long for you to understand me..
To understand my heart and my soul
To tell you
What is burning inside of me..
To know what I want
My dreams and goals…
To know my heart..
To know what spark me
To know what gives me pleasure
I had opened my heart
For years and years
And had invited you to step in..
But you didn’t take notice
Perhaps you were busy
Perhaps you were pre-occupied
Perhaps you didn’t want to
Perhaps you didn’t believe enough in me
Perhaps you didn’t want to join hands with me
I don’t know the reason
Because you never told me

I also tried to know you
Your heart
Your goals and dreams
You aspirations and fantasies
And what matters most to you
But you didn’t let me in
Into your heart or mind
I had thought we were in this together..
Walking hand-in-hand
Facing the road-blocks together..
And then exploring new tracks
Stopping by to enjoy the scenery
Or making a D-tour
Just because it would be fun…
But it didn’t happen…

I stood there, out in the cold
Like a total stranger
Waiting impatiently
To enter your world
But you didn’t allow me
To enter your heart
I also kept the gates of my heart
Open for you
Day-in.. Day-out
I had hoped
You would knock on my door
But it didn’t happen…

I was disappointed
Because you didn’t come
You never gave me a reason
Even if I asked you
Even if I begged you
Sometimes, I cried
Sometimes, I wept
Sometimes, I fought with you
But yet you were silent
Silent as a rock
A rock in a dark cold winter night
I could never understand
The silence.. and I still don’t…

I am sorry,
I can’t wait for you anymore
My heart tells me to move on
That I have waited too long
Life is short
Shorter than we predict
We never know when it ends
When it ends
I don’t want to have any regrets
I want to know
I tried and did my best..
So, I think its time
For me
To step in to the world on my own
To see what I can do
To test the waters
And to swim to my destination
To make my dreams come true
At least to give it a try
I have to do..
This on my own..

We were running
Yes..
But not in the same direction
In separate ways
We were walking
Yes,
But not in hand-in-hand
Alone in our paths…
Parallel and separate
I am not sure
Whether we will cross our paths any more..
For we have walked apart
For many years
Without us even knowing..

I can’t lie anymore
Or pretend
Or act
I also can’t wait anymore
I am tired of waiting
For I don’t think
We can walk back now
For we have walked apart for long..
Perhaps, we were never meant to be
Walking in the same path
It’s was my expectation
But perhaps it’s not goods will…
I wish you success
Walking on your path..
I hope you will be happy
Now, I want to give myself a chance
To walk in my path
For I will not be ME
until I walk on my path..
I cant walk on your path
if its not my path
and you cant walk on mine
if its not yours

I now want to walk on my path
and find my own happiness
For I believe I am worthy
As a human being
To find and walk on my own path
And walk to my own destination…
At least,
When that day comes
I want to tell my creator I tried.. I tried.. and I tried…
Are you on your own path?

No comments: