Sunday, November 26, 2006

My Daily Prayer

My dear Lord, my Higher Power…..
Here am I, offering my self to you
Please use me and use all my potential
To make this world a better place
For you, me and all

I don’t know how many more years I have
It does not matter to me now…
A year, two or a decade…
What matters to me is I live a meaningful life
Knowing I did my best to make this world a better place

One day, sooner or later, I too shall depart
My flesh, bones and blood will all get dried and become ash
I know I will not take any thing material – big or small
I know at the end of this journey I will not own anything
I would probably be left only with my spirit, which I don’t even know

If I ever get a chance to look back
I want to know I lived my best life
To know that I understood my life’s purpose
And I did my best to fulfill it, in the best of my ability

Please Lord, please use my life
Use my skills, knowledge and experiences I have acquired
Please give me a platform to use what I have
I want to live my life to the fullest and depart empty
I know I have a lot to give….. I know I have a lot to share….
Sometimes, I am just scared because I don’t know how
I am scared; I will depart without ever getting a chance to give all I have

Lord, you have put me through so many tests, trials, disappointments and sorrows,
Battle after battle, problem after problem, obstacle after obstacle
And sometimes, I have wondered – oh! Why or why me?
Now I realize, that this was on purpose, and to teach me important lessons in life – that I could not learn going to school
My life is rich and meaningful not because of my credentials and certifications
But because of true-life experiences I have had….
I can understand what other people go through in difficult times
Not because I have learnt them in school
But, because I have gone through them my self

Thank you for the lessons in life Lord,
For I am a much richer person now
Thank you for always been there for me and believing in me
And whispering in my ear that I can do it….
Thank you for believing in me
Even at times when I doubt about my own self

So, here is my prayer my Lord
Please use me, to make a difference in this world – at least to one person in one small way….
Please help me bring sunshine to someone’s life,
Please help me bring a smile to someone’s face,
Please help me bring comfort to someone’s heart
Use me Lord… Use me….
I want to live my life to the fullest and depart empty
When I depart, I want to feel that I have given all what I had…
And nothing was left behind….

What is your daily prayer?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This really touches home for me in my transition Niroma.

I will save this prayer and say it daily. Most times we get so caught up with life that we forget to say thanks to the creator.

Anonymous said...

i think that this prayer is beautiful and true, i prayed the prayer, and i know that God heard me.
We are all weak at times but we must not give up, just reach up to Heaven and grab a hold of our Lord's hand and never let go.
In God i remain always
giesha

springdale said...

Niroma, God listens to your prayer for sure, and a true prayer is always granted.You asked what is your prayer?
My prayer

God,
Grant me the serenity,
To accept things, I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.