Friday, November 17, 2006

WELCOME

As some of you know, I love to write… sometimes, writing is easy for me than talking… I know I am able to express my self much better when I write… I also feel good when I write… Through this blog I will be able to share my thoughts with you. I am not sure what I am going to write… but let’s see. I will write what ever that comes to my mind – hopefully it will be interesting. I am also new to blogging so I am experimenting the features. I’ve just started – I am sure I will learn a few things as I go along. I will continue this if it’s fun and interesting. If not I will just move on to something else. Who says, I have to stick to it… right??

You know what, I used to love to write when I was a child too. I am not sure whether I started to read before I started to talk. All credit goes to my mom. She taught me how to read and write. I wasn’t much of a talker anyway. Being the youngest of a family of four I never had a chance to talk. Especially with my mom and two sisters… no opportunities were present what so ever! More about this later.

I have always dreamt of being a writer. I mean daydreaming. Yes, I daydream about a lot. I can’t say its bad because I have also achieved a lot of my dreams. Every single day I am getting old…yes… sometimes, it freaks me out.. but it’s true. Every single day I live, I get closer and closer to my grave. Hmm… and now that’s scary ah? The point is who knows whether I get to be a writer. Sure, I would like to be a famous writer earning million dollars someday - but now, I am not sure whether I have a lot of time to keep dreaming. Someday seems far away. Who knows, because life is short and unpredictable.

Well, I think the real desire is not the million dollars or the fame, I think it’s the opportunity to fulfill the desire of writing. I was reading a motivational article and the authour said, “if you want to be a writer, then start writing”. Hmmm… pretty simple… yes, I thought why not? Anyway, when you look at it.. I write so I can call my self a writer.. right? I am sure I will make mistakes, spellings and grammar and who know’s what else… But if I keep putting off, I will never do it… besides, I am an ESL speaker and writer… so what if I make a mistake… English is not my first language…. Ah, now admitting this gives me confidence…

Few weeks ago this subject came up with one of my dear co-workers. She passed on to me an article written by her husband. I thought it was pretty interesting. I told her, she should encourage her husband to write more. Then it got me thinking. Perhaps, I should do that my self. So this thought inspired to start this blog. I am happy to know, he has already started his blog… I have never met him, but I can see the brother really enjoys it…He is blogging away like crazy…I am glad I have inspired someone do something they love… its time to inspire my self too…

Not bad at all… it was not difficult – I wrote a page on “nothing”… So I think I will start to write… yes, it feels good…. It feels familiar and comfortable….I hope in the following days to come I could write something interesting, inspiring, or even something that will make you laugh. I cannot promise but I will try. Well, if I screw up so what… this is not the first time I have screwed up. I am sure, you my friends will still love me.. right? I hope so…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT`S GREAT GIRL!
KEEP IT UP!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Niroma, you are a writer!! Keep going, and Kudos to you!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Congrats! and keep on writing.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Niro! You've finally done it. I always knew you had great talents - especially writting and art. Reading your first journal made me rethink a few things myself. I am so very proud of you! Please go on; someday I hope my children will have the opportunity to flavour your beautiful thoughts and stories. Believe me I can picture your mom's proud smile if she had a read of this!

Ruky J.